Supporting parents, children, grandparents, kinship carers and other carers to strengthen families.
Metro Assist provides a number of Early Intervention / Family Support Services that are family focused and child centred. We support the wellbeing of children by helping to build strong parenting skills and stronger families.
Our Inner West Family programs cover Ashfield, Burwood, Canada Bay, Leichhardt, Marrickville, Strathfield and Glebe.
We support families with children from birth to 18 years of age from Aboriginal, and culturally and linguistically diverse communities with a focus on supporting families to to keep their children and young people healthy and safe.
Our programs support parents and carers to be confident and connected to their community, so they can support their children’s developmental needs.
What do we do?
• Provide individual family support plans that offer information and advice
• Refer familes to specialist child/family services such as allied health, court support, housing, and employment
• Connect families to existing playgroups or parent support groups.
• Support children to make the transition to pre-school and kindergarten.
• Home visits to help isolated families make contact with services.
• Support families to participate in the community and provide opportunities to meet other parents/caregivers.
• Work with schools and community organisations in their local area to support families in need
• Provide parenting programs including: budgeting skills, Tuning into Kids/Teens, Triple P, Circle of Security. These programs are staffed by trained professionals.
To refer a client please download and complete our Referral Form.
Self referral please contact the Family Team on: (02) 9798 1700
Psychological Support Service
A free service for children, adolescents and their parents living in the Inner West.
Our psychologist specialises in working with people and communities from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We can help with:
- Adolescent support
- Anger management
- Child development
- Domestic & family violence
- Family & couples therapy
- Grief & bereavement
- Parent’s support
- Relationship issues
Bankstown and Fairfield Local Government Areas
Brighter Futures Program works with families expecting a baby or with children aged 0-8 years in suburbs within the Bankstown LGA and Fairfield LGA.
Our experienced family workers provide casework, home visits, structured parenting education, assist with access to childcare, and help connect families to local networks and services. Participation is entirely voluntary. Families can remain in the program for up to two years.
Brighter Futures is geared to helping families experiencing:
• Domestic and family violence
• Parental drug and alcohol issues
• Mental health issues
• Parents with significant learning difficulties and/or intellectual disability
• Child behaviour problems
• Parents who are struggling to provide appropriate care for their children.
Referral to Brighter Futures is made directly through the Department of Family and Community Services and the Child Protection Helpline: 132 111 or through community referrals using the Referral Form.