Metro Assist Family and Community Support (Targeted Earlier Intervention Program)
The Metro Assist Family and Community Support program focuses on ensuring better short to medium term outcomes for children, young people, families, and communities who are experiencing or are at risk of vulnerability. Effective prevention and early intervention are the most promising strategies for changing the trajectories of children.
Through case management and case coordination, we are able to provide support and ensure better outcomes for families. We implement a holistic approach to case planning and provide support to address various areas including mental wellbeing, housing, employment, domestic and family violence, family functioning, as well as education and skills training.
Metro Assist prioritises its TEI services towards Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities to ensure:
• An understanding of the cultural considerations of the individual, their families, and carers
• Their needs are met early to prevent the escalation of vulnerability
• Risk factors that lead to child abuse, neglect, and domestic and family violence are addressed early
• Access to timely, effective, accessible and culturally safe support and services
Criteria for Eligibility
Parents or carers with children that fall within the above-named categories and also:
• Risk of significant harm (ROSH) is identified
• Currently experiencing low to medium risk that, if not addressed, may escalate to the point where more intensive services are needed, or
• Are experiencing vulnerabilities that have the potential to impact on parents’ capacity to adequately protect and care for their children if not addressed
We currently have CALD speaking caseworkers available.